As a Scheduling\Logistics Manager, you will report directly to the Operations Manager with responsibilities that include scheduling inbound and outbound truck appointments, verifying freight and warehouse invoices, reporting and researching SAP issues, verifying receipts, and entering metrics. Using SAP as the primary tool to facilitate product movement to ensure the right material flows to the required destinations at the planned pace. This involves interfacing with trucking dispatchers/drivers and forwarders.
Related Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Manage shipping and receiving schedule, including setting appointment times.
- Work with our current truckers to book load dates and times for orders, including all the emails phone calls to monitor the vessel schedules, delays, etc. Track the adherence to appointment times.
- Locating additional drayage companies and negotiating pricing to improve the margins.
- Maintain freight schedule, inbound, and outbound to check we are receiving products on time to meet load schedule on daily basis.
- Monitor shipments from start to finish. Work with the forwarders to keep tracking the orders until delivered in ports to communicate status with the customers better.
- Interact with warehouse management and truck drivers/dispatchers and various departments to schedule and distribute products.
- Accurately prepare and track documents and find ways to automate the process.
- Create traffic operations manual to streamline the process.
- Notify managers/supervisor of situations that could result in a disruption to deliveries and customer service
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Higher education is preferred.
Experience: 3+ years or more of supply chain management/logistics operations or related experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office, especially Excel proficiency required.
- Proficiency with SAP or similar platforms
- Strong attention to details.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong teamwork ethic with an ability to complete tasks independently and proactively.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines concurrently.