Our purpose is to do our part for the global community by delivering superior supply chain solutions for the franchise industry.
Growing international supply chain management company seeks an ambitious, hardworking individual to act as an operations assistant/administrative support for its operations team of brokers, serving a various international franchise markets. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates seeking employment in global supply chain and logistics, working with seasoned industry professionals in a dynamic work environment.
This position must have a clear understanding that the customer is our NUMBER 1 priority and customer satisfaction is our absolute goal in every transaction.
Education: High School completion. A Bachelor’s degree in Business is preferred.
Experience: 2-5 years or more of operations experience.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Candidate must be able to speak, read, and write in Standard English in a professional manner; and
- must possess the ability to compose standard business letters with proper format, grammar, punctuation, and spelling, using all parts of speech.
- must have the ability to speak with poise, voice control, and confidence, using a well-modulated voice.
- Must possess statistical and analytical knowledge and can use general business mathematical skills.
- Must be able to understand complex issues and problems, and consistently reach sound business decisions.
- Must possess the ability to coordinate a variety of routine tasks and special projects simultaneously while maintaining control, poise, and professionalism. The ability to shift focus quickly and continuously reprioritize is a necessity.
- Proficiency with relevant ERP software and SAP data systems is strongly encouraged
- The candidate is a strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills; and shows the ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment while working well in a tight-knit team environment.
- The ideal candidate will have an interest in and understanding of global supply chain management, including export requirements, purchasing, distribution and warehousing.
- Microsoft Office, especially Excel proficiency required.
- The Operations Assistant must be able to walk throughout the office navigating office furniture and equipment.
- Must be able to sit at and work a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must have excellent eyesight and hearing, with or without correction.
- The position occasionally requires stooping, kneeling, walking and crouching to file and transport office related materials within the office.
- Establishes a cooperative working relationship with all company employees.
- Execute the operations functions in the company with exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills, such as:
- Input customer orders into the operating system (SAP).
- Ensure all order processing documents are prepared accurately and timely.
- Ensure that communication with the customer is timely and their matters are satisfactorily addressed.
- Prepares and submits quotes to customers as requested.
- Handles all customer special projects as requested.
- All email is acknowledged in a timely manner.
- All filing and clerical work is completed on time and accurately.
- Maintain customer information in the company data files.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent application of company policies and procedures.
- Maintain cooperative and positive working relationships with peers, customers and vendors.
- Transact all business in an ethical and professional manner.
- Maintain a neat, clean and organized work area.
- Performs other duties, tasks and projects as may be assigned by the Operations Specialist and or Operations Manager.
- Execute the administrative functions in the company with exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills, such as:
- Arrange courier shipments.
- Perform receptionist duties in a polite and friendly manner (answer phone; field calls; monitor voice mail; greet guests).
From $40,000 per year
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
M-F, 8 AM- 4:30 PM, additional hours may occur
173 Black Meadow Road, Chester, NY 10918
Waiting period may apply.
COVID-19 Precaution(s): Initial remote interview process.
Interested parties can email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org